2nd YEAR
As I sat there in English class, I stared
at the boy next to me. He was my so called "best friend". I stared at
his round, silky eyes, and wished he was mine. But he didn't notice me like
that, and I knew it. After class, he walked up to me and asked me for the notes
he had missed the day before and I handed them to him. He said “thanks” and
gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell him, I want him to know that I
don’t want to be just friends, I love him but I’m just too shy, and I don’t know
why.
3rd YEAR
The phone rang. On the other end, it was
him. He was in tears, mumbling on and on about how his love has broke his
heart. He asked me to come over because he didn't want to be alone, so I did.
As I sat next to him on the sofa, I stared at his soft eyes, wishing he was
mine. After two hours, one Bea and John Lloyd movie, and three bags of chips,
he decided to go to sleep. He looked at me, said “thanks” and gave me a kiss on
the cheek. I want to tell him. I want him to know that I don’t want to be just
friends. I love him but I’m just too shy, and I don’t know why.
SENIOR YEAR
The day before prom he walked to my locker.
“My date is sick” he said; she’s not going to go well, I didn't have a date,
and in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates,
we would go together just as “best friends”. So we did. Prom night, after
everything was over, I was standing on the door step. I stared at him as he
smiled at me. He stared at me with his crystal eyes. I want him to be mine, but
he isn't thinking of me like that, and I know it. Then he said “I had the best
time, thanks!” and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell him, I want him
to know that I don’t want to be just friends. I love him but I’m just too shy,
and I don’t know why.
GRADUATION DAY
A day passed, then a week, then a month.
Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as his perfect body
floated like a model up on the stage to get his diploma. I wanted him to be
mine, but he didn't
notice me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went
home, he came to me in his smock and hat, and cried as I hugged him. Then he
lifted his head from my shoulder and said “you’re my best friend, thanks!” and
gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don’t
want to be just friends. I love him but I’m just too shy, and I don’t know why.
A FEW YEARS LATER
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That
boy is getting married now. I watched him say “I do” and drive off to his new
life, married to another woman. I wanted him to be mine, but he didn't see me
like that, and I knew it. But before he drove away, he came to me and said “you
came!”. He said “Thanks” and kissed me on the cheek. I wanted to tell him, I
want him to know that I don’t want to be just friends. I love him but I’m just
too shy, and I don’t know why.
FUNERAL
Years passed, I looked down t the coffin of
a man who used to be my “best friend”. At the service, they read a diary entry
he wrote in his college years. This is what it read: I stared at her wishing
she was mine, but she doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to
tell her, I want her to know that I don’t want to be just friends. I love her
but I’m just too shy, and I don’t know why. I wish she would tell me she loved
me! ‘I wish I did too...’ I thought to myself, and I cried.

Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento